Posted this Prickle-Prickle, the 59th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3190

Discordian Friday. Fnord.


"It was like being pleased by a thorn bush, feeling fond of every prickle.
Another second and he was going to say something ridiculous like that."

-- C.S. Pacat, Captive Prince: Volume Two


A day in the Discordian calendar, created by some followers of Eris and observed by others since.

Prickle-Prickle00001 is the fourth day of the Discordian week and is associated with Zarathud (and/or Malaclypse the Elder); the element prickle; the letters c, e, i, k, l, p, and r; the numbers 6 and 5 (Isn't everything?); porcupine eggs; and all signs of the Zodiac because even if they don't have prickly bits, each can be rather prickly under certain circumstances. Having a three-day work week (Boomtime, Pungenday, & Prickle-Prickle), and a two-day weekend (Sweetmorn & Setting Orange),00002, gives Discordianism a playful and unconventional perspective on the concept of timekeeping, amongst other things.

Hail Eris, all hail Discordia!

00001It is of utmost importance, or not, to note that this is a hyphenated compound prickle and neither a pair of prickles nor a prickly pear, let alone a tuna.
00002Although there is some well-founded debate and discussion between several cabals as to which are weekdays and which are weekends, not to mention the whole work thing. This is as it should be.

Omnia Discordia

227

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.