The two questions that follow were sent to me by a good friend, along with her responses. This isn't meant to be a getting-to-know-you node, just thought provoking.

Who are you?

I can't help but see myself in terms of how I relate with others. I am a son, a friend, a lover, an ex-lover, ex-friend, traitor, savior, voice in the night, the sound of keys clacking far too close to dawn. I'm a worker, a student, a driver, a conisseur of my passions, a lover of art and music, of literature and pop culture. I'm a contradiction, a unified whole, a homosexual, a possible freak, a confused being. A BOFH wannabe, a geek, a writer, an appreciator of sunsets, rainbows, and the delicate sound of thunder after midnight. I'm a bitch, an angel, the devil on earth, a Satanist's worse nightmare and a Christian's best friend. I'm a beautiful broken statue, slowly mending, I am a deep well, which can never be exhausted or overfilled.

"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes."

I am a healer, the healed, the wounder and the wounded. I am all these and more, and when you boil it all down to the simple sum.... I am myself, a being less than a quark and more than a Universe entire.

I am.


Who do you serve?

I serve others to serve myself, and myself to serve others. I recognize that in this place, this plane, this sphere, none of us are ever truly alone, nor are any of us ever truly united. We are a million billion fragments, recombining in an endless parade of possibility. We are stardust. If you serve your fellow creature, you aid yourself down the road. If you hurt another, it's your own throat you cut.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.