the oh-so-wonderful thing that is experienced so little in relationships these days.
you can get it most easily by it's namesake, affection through simple contact, and when you do, ohh it's so good.
it makes you forget where you are and what you were doing. all you want to do is touch and kiss and feel them, and suddenly tedious dishwashing can become a physical-sensation frenzy.
it's slow and tender, but the reaction is lightning fast.
you drop what you're doing to fulfill the need of sensation. more than lust, it's random affection.

better explanation will actualise apon reintroduction of sanity.

Contrary to anthus's definition of random affection; random acts of affection are basically acts of affection towards a complete stranger with little to no expectation of reciprocation beyond a smile and a thank you. anthus would have you believe that purchasing flowers for a loved one for no reason other than to purchase flowers for a loved one is random affection. Not so, says I. That is called spontaneous affection, and should be practiced frequently when one is in love.

Random acts of Affection, therefore, are much akin to Random acts of Kindness. Used to brighten some one's day, and not much more than that. However, as can be assumed, Random acts of Affection can be used to get dates and just simply impress and flatter members of the opposite sex. Here are a few examples of Random Acts of Affection:

The walk-in clinic in my town is a horrible place to be. In a city of 90,000 people, there is only one walk-in clinic that sees adults. It is typical to wait anywhere from thirty minutes to around two hours, just to get into a room. It is tempting to borrow a friend's child just so I can get into the pediatric walk-in clinic.

Why the rant? Well, last Friday, I spent my evening in this lovely place. My boyfriend was feeling like hell, running a fever, and needed to see a doctor before keeling over. After arriving and checking in, a young boy came in with his mother. He had a head wound and was bleeding. They gave him: some gauze, an ice pack, and some crayons. They were informed that the wait would be around two hours.

So, the little boy settled down near a young girl and began to color. I watched the two, and became entranced at how dedicated the young girl was to her coloring. She seemed so happy, so at peace. She offered the little boy a picture to color, then quickly went back to work. After a few minutes, she stopped coloring and looked around the waiting room. I wondered if she was looking for her parents, or if something was wrong, but when she looked at me, she smiled. She stood up, walked over to me, and said, "This is for you." I looked at the picture, a pink bear, and had to smile. She smiled back and went back to her table and continued coloring.

Over the next two hours, I watched this young girl color away, offering pictures to those around the waiting room. Watching the surprise and joy on the faces of those waiting made the experience tolerable. It still amazes me at how children know what adults need even before they know they needed something.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.