1. The UNIX stream editor.

2. A 6502 instruction that clears the D (decimal mode) flag. Use this before an ADC or SBC to get binary-coded decimal arithmetic (if your 6502 version supports it).

  • Function: 1 => D
  • Updates flags: . . . . D . . .
  • Opcode number: impl $F8

This instruction works whether or not the particular 6502 model actually implements decimal mode ADC and SBC. (For instance, the 2A03 lacks it.)

As opposed to: CLD
See also: 6502 instructions | 6502 addressing modes

The SED was founded in April 1946 in the SBZ (Soviet Occupied Zone) by the merge of the communist KPD and the social democratic SPD. Both parties did not want this merge ,but they were forced to by the Soviets. In the beginning both parties were equally strong, but till 1955 the party was formed in to a party after Soviet model.
In the DDR(established 1949) the SED was the only real political force, as elections were manipulated and members of other parties (the so-called Blockparteien) were suppressed. The DDR was actually reigned by the institutions of the DDR. These were the Zentralkomitee (ZK), which was elected by the party convention and its organs the Politbüro and the Secretary (led by the General-Secretary, which were Walter Ulbricht (19501971), Erich Honecker (19711989) and Egon Krenz (1989).)
As the DDR broke down in 1989, the SED renamed itself, first into SED-PDS and later into PDS and elected Gregor Gysi as the new party leader.
security through obscurity = S = See figure 1

SED /S-E-D/ n.

[TMRC, from `Light-Emitting Diode'] Smoke-emitting diode. A friode that lost the war. See also LER. [Not to be confused with sed(1), the Unix stream editor. --ESR]

--The Jargon File version 4.3.1, ed. ESR, autonoded by rescdsk.

... and you thought ed was dead ...

Sed is a great tool used to transform data from one form into another. It uses regular expressions to perform operations on text. Unlike ed, it is pretty much non-interactive and makes only one pass over its data. However, it is very useful in shell scripts and makefiles to do lots of tasks, such as delete already-compiled files a-la make clean, or to take a winamp playlist, and extract paths from it. Sed can be great for pre-formatting everything2 posts! For example, use the command:

sed 's/</\&lt;/g;s/>/\&gt;/g;s/\[/\&#91;/g;s/\]/\&#93;/g;' -

to pipe from stdin to stdout a file containing <s and ]s into its e2-friendly HTML-escaped equivalents. This technique is especially handy in working with indefinite or repeated data, as it does not depend on the input file being exactly the same each time, and can be a heck of a lot faster than editing by hand.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.