In the Discordian Calendar, the 29th of February.


"Occurs every 4 years…and is inserted between the 59th and 0th days of the Season of Chaos"
— Malaclypse the Younger Principia Discordia


The Discordian calendar has four seasons a year, each consisting of 73 days. Of course in any normal year this works out jes' fine, but in a leap year there is one day more in the Gregorian calendar. so Erisian popes in their wisdom added in one intercalary day just for this purpose. Unlike Tibb's Eve, a day which will never come, every so often mostly, every four years) an extra day is added between the 59th and 60th day of the season of Chaos.

There is nothing special about the day, no special observances other than those chosen by the individual. Play hookey, propose to your sweetie, eat a hot dog (or don't!). Choose to do as you will. Let no-on dictate your actions–this is Discordianism, you decide.

It's quite likely that the name of the day originates with (or is at least connected to) Tibb's Eve, a holiday that will never come. Meanwhile, Discordians understand that the day will come, though it may take its sweet time. Additionally, the day honours the Discordian Law of Fives (every four years and extra day: 4 + 1 = 5)

Written by Pope Ho CHi Minge today, Prickle-Prickle, the 59th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3190



Jet-Poop says re Saint Tibs' Day: We held a St. Tibs Day ceremony when I was in college. Partly because we had a friend named Tybalt who was of a Discordian mind but had never heard of Discordianism, so that's how we introduced him to the concept. The ceremony was mostly carrying on with loud noise and bongos in one of the dorm's mens rooms until someone came in and said they needed to poop, could we please scram. :)



$ xclip -o | wc -w
237

xclip -o | wc -w 193 words for Terse QUest 2024

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.