Warrant vs. Sarah Good

Salem Feburary the 29th 1691-92

Whereas Messrs. Joseph Hutchinson, Thomas Putman, Edward Putman, and Thomas Preston, Yeomen of Salem Village in the County of Essex, personally appeared before us and made Complaint on Behalf of their Majesties against Sarah Good the wife of William Good of Salem Village abovesaid for suspicion of Witchcraft by her Committed, and thereby much Injury done by Eliz. Parris, Abigail Williams, Ann Putnam and Elizabeth Hubbard all of Salem Village aforesaid Sundry times within this two months and Lately also done, at Salem Village Contrary to the peace of our Sovereign Lord and Lady William & Mary, King & Queen of England etc. --You are therefore in their Majesties' names hereby required to apprehend & bring before us, the said Sarah Good tomorrow about ten of the clock in the forenoon at the house of Lt Nathaniel Ingersoll in Salem Village or as soon as may be then and there to be Examined Relating to the abovesaid premises and hereof you are not to fail at your peril.
Dated. Salem, february 29th 1691-92
John Hawthorne
Jonathan Corwin


Officer's return.

I brought the person of Sarah Good the wife of William Good according to the tenor of the within warrant, as is Attest by me
George Locker -- Constabe
1 March 1691-92

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.