A hold in climbing that requires one to "slap" for. This is mostly due to the fact that the holds prior to the slapper are not too good and so calmly placing one's hand on the hold is not feasable.

The slapper is a sloper, usually.

A derogatory term for a promiscuous person used here in the UK. Often being called a slapper will also imply that you are several of stupid, ugly, desperate, old or drunk. Example:

"Ewww! Get away from me you horrid old slapper!"

Or Slappa. An alternative British definition narrows the meaning down to an uber low class (working class, if work did exist) young, females only, with an incredibly cheap sense of fashion (and taste in men). Typically they would be up the duff before sixteen, procreating yet another generation of welfare dependent scallies and slappers in quick iteration. A youth of fags, alcohol and intensive clubbing make them age very quickly.

In previous eras they would have died of whooping cough or be transported to Australia. The Spectator once speculated that since young second-generation Muslim youths live in the same housing estates as these kaffirs, it is enough to turn them into fundamentalists.

See Viz magazine's Tasha Slappa for a useful caricature.

Slap"per (?), n.

1.

One who, or that which, slaps.

2.

Anything monstrous; a whopper.

[Slang]

Grose.

 

© Webster 1913.


Slap"per (?), Slap"ping (?), a.

Very large; monstrous; big.

[Slang.]

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.