Sophie Marceau is a very beautiful French actress who has appeared in the American movies Braveheart, Anna Karenina, Lost and Found, A Midsummer Night's Dream, and The World is Not Enough. She has also appeared in many French films.

Sophie was born on November 17, 1966, in Paris, France. Her surname was originally Maupu, which she changed for professional reasons... she is not at all related to the famous mime, Marcel Marceau. She has been acting since the age of fourteen, when she was cast in her first movie role. The role (in the French film La Boum) brought her fame, but she didn't appear in an American movie until Braveheart. In addition to acting, Sophie has also written a novel, Menteuse (which means liar), which was published in 1996.

The 5'8" brown-eyed brunette has a son (Vincent) by Andrzej Zulawski, a writer/director who is 26 years her senior and to whom she may or may not be married, depending on the source consulted.

Basically, Sophie Marceau is breathtakingly gorgeous, extremely talented, and enchantingly insightful. Plus, she's French. Definitely a top contender for the perfect woman. If you haven't already done so, watch her movies, look at her pictures, and read her interviews... you'll be amazed.


Information from many sites, primarily imdb.com and mrshowbiz.com.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.