StumbleUpon.com is an internet entity unto itself, and may one day revolutionize the face of the conventional search engine.

How it works:
  1. Create a user account.
  2. Download the cool StumbleUpon toolbar.
  3. Customize your account profile
    (the more you add, the better!)
    • Demographics
    • Favorite books, music, movies, tv
    • Preferred Stumbling categories
      (many from which to choose!)
  4. Join special interest StumbleUpon groups.
    (optional, but suggested)
  5. Start adding/rating/writing site reviews.


No, this is not just another form of spyware in any way or shape! No, you will not be deluged with a ton of spam, at least not any more than you're currently recieving. ;oD

Yes, it's heaps-o-fun! Yes, it can become quite addicting. Yes, StumbleUpon reviews are already making a significant impact in helping get great sites that otherwise get lost in the traditional search engine fray the attention they deserve.

Help make the internet uniquely yours one click at a time!
Edit: Sunday, June 5, 2005... Wanted to wait until I had more experience with its operation before adding more to this WU. Expect enhanced info very soon, thanks!

Stumble Upon is a dream come true for anyone that aimlessly surfs the internet for hours on end with no purpose or goal. Usually you have to use your cognitive faculties to try and find new and interesting websites, blogs, pictures, news, games, etc. All of this thinking and searching is a hassle and can easily be remedied with StumbleUpon.

Stumble Upon works very simply. You download the StumbleUpon toolbar, you mark your interests off from a list, and then you start stumbling! Stumbling is when you hit the StumbleUpon button and it takes you to a random website/blog/news story/etc that falls within your interest categories.

StumbleUpon has features to cut down on your browsing time and make it easy to find sites you want.


  • Restrict search to specific categories (news, videos, photos, religion, art history, video games, etc.)

  • Rating system: approve or disapprove of any site you stumble upon to get more or less sites similar to that

  • Friend system: Add friends to your profile, stumble results are affected by the ratings they give to websites

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.