"School shooter"

On May 20, 1999 at age 15, T. J. Solomon shot and wounded 6 fellow students at Heritage High School, a school of approximately 1,300 students, in Conyers, Georgia. All 6 wounded students recovered from the shooting.

Solomon stole a .22 caliber rifle and a .357 Magnum from his stepfathers gun cabinet walked calmly into the school and began shooting students. The incident took place in the student break area known as the School Commons. After the shooting spree Solomon ran outside and put the handgun to his mouth and began crying. The motive is unknown but it is known that he had broken up with his girlfriend a few weeks prior to the shooting and had said he had no reason to live. T.J. was active in church, baseball and boy scouts and appeared to be an average student prior to this shooting.

Ironically this school shooting took place as President Bill Clinton was in Littleton, Colorado, addressing the students at Columbine Highschool. He pleaded guilty but mentally ill to all 29 charges against him and was sentenced to 40 years in prison and 65 years of probation. Serving his sentence at Arrendale State Prison, he will be eligible for parole in 2018.

He was under medical care and taking the drug Ritalin at the time of the school shooting.

Note: This school shooting was one month to the day of the Littleton, Colorado massacre at Columbine Highschool by "school shooters" Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.