Swedish wrestler and actor (1903-1971). Real name: Karl Erik Tore Johansson.

Tor is best known for his impressive size, bald head, and almost complete lack of acting ability. He actually had a full head of blond hair, but he kept it all shaved off because he couldn't be a heavy or a heel with such beautiful hair. 

After working for years as a wrestler called the Super Swedish Angel (There was already one wrestler called the Swedish Angel) and filming bit parts in Hollywood movies, he became a member of Ed Wood, Jr.'s stable of weird actors and appeared in such bad movies as "Plan 9 from Outer Space," "Bride of the Monster," "Night of the Ghouls," and "The Beast of Yucca Flats," for which he was paid only $300. However, he also appeared in other, better movies, usually in small roles: "Carousel," "Houdini," "The Reformer and the Redhead," "Abbott and Costello in the Foreign Legion," "The Canterville Ghost," "Shadow of the Thin Man," and "The Road to Rio," among others.

He died of heart failure at the age of 67 at his home in San Fernando, California.

By most accounts, Tor was a very nice guy and a good friend; one possibly-true story says that Tor once kept Bela Lugosi from committing suicide by threatening to throw him out a window.

Some research from the Internet Movie Database (www.imdb.com)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.