They are wheat crackers made by Nabisco that resemble shredded wheat in texture, but are flat and look vaguely like waffles. They are very yummy and go well with cheese.

My grandfather was very fond of shredded wheat as a breakfast cereal. One year when my mother's parents came to visit, she forgot to buy shredded wheat for her father and figured she would pick it up in the morning.

When she walked into the kitchen, she saw her father eating a bowl of Triscuits with milk, happily crunching away. He said, "This shredded wheat isn't too bad. A little bit salty, though..."

Triscuit is a brand of Nabisco snack crackers which take the form of square baked whole wheat wafers, which I am quite fond of personally. It was invented in 1900, a patent was granted in 1902, and the Shredded Wheat Company, in Niagara Falls, New York began production the next year. There is a wide variety of flavor options available, including, but not limited to: Original
Reduced Fat
Hint of Salt (low sodium)
Deli-Style Rye
Cheddar (discontinued for now)
Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil
Fire Roasted Tomato
Fire Roasted Tomato and Olive Oil
Rosemary & Olive Oil
Garden Herb
Parmesan and Garlic
Roasted Garlic
Balsamic and Basil
Rye with Caraway Seeds
Right now I am eating a box of Rosemary with Olive Oil flavored Triscuits. The ingredients are:Whole grain Soft White Winter Wheat(Try saying that 3 times fast!) Soybean Oil, Maltodextrin,Salt, Spices(includes Rosemary), Monosodium Glutomate(Flavor enhancer) (Otherwise known as MSG), Onion Powder, Natural flavor, Olive Oil.
They taste a bit more salty than the Original flavor. More dry, but the flavor packs more of a punch. They taste heavenly with a thin slice of sharp cheddar and a strawberry on top.
The box has two recipe recommendations on the back. Timeless turkey & cranberry: cover with 2 smoked turkey slices and a dab of cranberry relish. Sweet swiss pear: Top with a thin reduced-fat Swiss cheese slice thin fresh pear slice, and a light drizzle of honey.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.