Wendolene Ramsbottom is the female star of the Academy Award winning claymation short, "A Close Shave". The movie, by Nick Park, is the third in a series of Wallace and Gromit movies, claymation all, and great fun.

Wendolene, like Wallace himself, has a round face and big white teeth, but unlike Wallace she sports a few standard feminine accoutrements: long hair, earrings, and blue eyeshadow. As the movie progresses, we learn that Wendolene's father was an inventor just like Wallace himself, and from her father Wendolene inherited the wool shop she runs, his debts, and a rather sinister dog named Preston.

Wallace is a cheese-loving bachelor who lives with his long-suffering canine sidekick, Gromit. In their first two movies, "A Grand Day Out" and "The Wrong Trousers", it's the two single roommates pursuing their adventures without nary a hint of outside sexual interest. However, in this movie, Wallace meets the charming Wendolene, and it's love at first sight. While poor Gromit washes Wendolene's storefront windows by himself, Wallace breaks the ice inside, clumsily knocking balls of wool on the floor as he does so.

The story progresses rapidly from here, and is so engrossing and improbable that I daren't attempt to summarize it for you. Suffice to say that after the kind of shenanigans that only Wallace and Gromit seem able to scare up - in this case involving a flying sidecar, a giant knitting machine, and a large herd of sheep - it turns out that Wendolene is not the woman for Wallace after all, not least because she does not like Wensleydale cheese. The movie ends with Wendolene toddling off home, a much reduced Preston in tow, while Wallace and Gromit settle down for a nip of cheese.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.