In addition to being a sharp cutting device, Blade is also an ansi group. Formed in 1994 by mindcrime, it gained talent and fame, and at one point even rivaled the best in the scene (like acid and ice). Today, not much remains of the ansi scene, and blade hasn't released in over a year. However, it's members can still be found in EFnet #blade. See also blade nation, ansi, #ansi and #ans.

In wrestling jargon, the practice of cutting oneself or being cut with a part of a razor blade hidden in tights, hair or wrappings in order to produce juice.

courtesy of Byron C. Howes (bch@ecsvax.uncecs.edu)

in ultimate frisbee, a throw where the disc is thrown forward in a high arch, with the plane of the disc being perpendicular to the ground. If thrown well, it is a very effective downwind throw on a windy day because it will not be blown around, however it is rather difficult to catch due to the fact that a blade pass will often fall from 50 or 60 feet in the air. Throwing blades in practice is a good way to toughen up your hands- if you can catch a blade with one hand, pretty much nothing else can hurt your hands.

A sadistic frisbee game played with this type of throw is to have two people (or teams) line up across the field from each other. The teams then throw blade passes back and forth to each other (the passes must be caught one-handed). When one team drops the disc, they must then all lay flat on the ground with legs open. The other team then throws a blade pass, attempting to hit someone, preferably in the groin(it's best to close your eyes if you are having the disc thrown at you in this manner)

Blade (blAd), n. [OE. blade, blad, AS. blæd leaf; akin to OS., D., Dan., & Sw. blad, Icel. blað, OHG. blat, G. blatt, and perh. to L. folium, Gr. fy`llon. The root is prob. the same as that of AS. blOwan, E. blow, to blossom. See Blow to blossom, and cf. Foil leaf of metal.]

1.

Properly, the leaf, or flat part of the leaf, of any plant, especially of gramineous plants. The term is sometimes applied to the spire of grasses.

The crimson dulse . . . with its waving blade.
Percival.

First the blade, then ear, after that the full corn in the ear.
Mark iv. 28.

2.

The cutting part of an instrument; as, the blade of a knife or a sword.

3.

The broad part of an oar; also, one of the projecting arms of a screw propeller.

4.

The scapula or shoulder blade.

5. pl. (Arch.)

The principal rafters of a roof. Weale.

6. pl. (Com.)

The four large shell plates on the sides, and the five large ones of the middle, of the carapace of the sea turtle, which yield the best tortoise shell. De Colange.

7.

A sharp-witted, dashing, wild, or reckless, fellow; -- a word of somewhat indefinite meaning.

He saw a turnkey in a trice
Fetter a troublesome blade.
Coleridge.

 

© Webster 1913


Blade (blAd), v. t.

To furnish with a blade.

 

© Webster 1913


Blade, v. i.

To put forth or have a blade.

As sweet a plant, as fair a flower, is faded
As ever in the Muses' garden bladed.
P. Fletcher.

 

© Webster 1913


Blade, n.

The flat part of the tongue immediately behind the tip, or point.

"Lower blade" implies, of course, the lower instead of the upper surface of the tongue.
H. Sweet.

 

© Webster 1913

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.