user since
Mon Jun 24 2002 at 00:59:36 (21.8 years ago )
last seen
Sun Nov 29 2009 at 21:39:23 (14.4 years ago )
number of write-ups
5 - View foofernarf's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 44
mission drive within everything
Enjoy my time here
specialties
environmental studies, vermicompost
school/company
University of California at Santa Barbara
most recent writeup
How to win a knife fight
Send private message to foofernarf






"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
- George Bernard Shaw




"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-Arthur C. Clarke




If you feel like it, say hi to me on AIM. My screenname's baliwgirl.




Are you pondering what I'm pondering?


The Creation of Foofernarf

When I was in fourth grade, my sister liked saying the word narf! I think she picked it up from Pinky in the TV show Pinky and the Brain. One day I came across the word foof in a word search and thought it'd be cool to put the two words together. But foofnarf sounded awkward, so I added some sounds to make it foofernarfie. Nowadays I usually shorten it to foofernarf because that's simpler.

I also made up the word acklashomanarf, but it's too unwieldy to use often.


I was recently told foofernarfie is a feminine screenname. Do you agree? If you've read to this point, please spare a few moments to /msg me an answer. Thanks.




I got cooled for the first time ever! WOW!! ::does happy dance::