To Iceberg Slim and his contemporaries, this was jivespeak for cocaine. Compare: boy, which referred to heroin.

A book written by Blake Nelson.

Starting with a quote from the song Breaking The Girl by The Red-Hot Chili Peppers, the book leads you into the life of Portland, Oregon teen Andrea Marr as she tries to find her place in the indie rock scene as a groupie with her object of desire being a seemingly much older and mature singer by the name of Todd Sparrow.

Although it's obviously shown throughout the book that Andrea is slow witted, I still had my doubts on whether or not she was entirely stupid until I saw the movie (also named Girl) a couple of months ago on video.

Andrea comes off as a self absorbed ditzy slut with her friends supporting her every step of the way. Sadly, when I watched this movie it reminded me of alot of people I knew in high school.

Dominique Swain stars as Andrea and Sean Flanery as the mystifying Todd Sparrow, while Tara Reid and Selma Blair both play equally important supporting roles.

Although the book still remains to be one of my favorites, I will never rent the movie again and I'd demand a refund for my money if I thought it did any good.

Girl (?), n. [OE. girle, gerle, gurle, a girl (in sense 1): cf. LG. gor child.]

1.

A young person of either sex; a child.

[Obs.]

Chaucer.

2.

A female child, from birth to the age of puberty; a young maiden.

3.

A female servant; a maidservant.

[U. S.]

4. Zool.

A roebuck two years old.

[Prov. Eng.]

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.