I saw this on the menu at the Prince of Wales pub in San Mateo, California. I have a fairly high tolerance for spicy food, so I figured I could take this thing on. My friend had told me that this thing reamed him, but I was brave and was sure I could handle it. Covering the wall was picture of the brave few who were able to eat the whole thing. I wanted my photo up on that wall, so I too could live in infamy. When you order one of these things, they ask you to sign a waiver so they aren't liable for any suffering/digestive problems you might have, and warn you that there are no refunds. I eagerly sign my life away. You also receive a "I Survived the Habanero Hamburger" bumper sticker.

When I receive my burger, I had a look at it before taking a bite. This thing was smothered with habanero sauce, like it was ketchup or something. I took a big bite. GODDAMN! That's a spicy-a meatball. I figured I could handle it though. I took another bite. Everyone in the bar was cheering me on, encouraging me to continue. With each bite I took the painful spiciness ate away at my tongue and stomach even worse. Sweat was dripping down my forehead. My face was bright red. It hurt so bad! I wussed out after 5 bites, which was about half of it. Too bad.

All this talk about habanero burgers makes me want to go get another one.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.