The M20, M40 and M160 routers by juniper run JUNOS and use specialized ASICs they call Internet Processors to achieve ultra-fast packet forwarding/routing/processing.

They can handle the fastest currently available connection speeds OC-48 and OC-192 as well as supporting most major routing protocols and all the latest buzzword technologies including Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)

Junipers (Juniperus) are a species of conifer found in many areas of the world. Some are found as landscape plants, and others are growing in their natural habitats, which include cold, dry areas such as desert mountains. Junipers are unique among conifers in that they have small 'berries' instead of cone-type structures. These are usually blue or purple and may be used to make tea, or as a component of gin .

Junipers are commonly used as landscape plants because they are hardy and somewhat scenic. They are good for places where nothing else grows.. but can be overdone in other areas. They also may be a breeding ground for rats and other pests.

Ju"ni*per (?), n. [L. juniperus, prop., youth-producing, and so called from its evergreen appearance, from the roots of E. juvenile, and parent. Cf. Gin the liquor.] Bot.

Any evergreen shrub or tree, of the genus Juniperus and order Coniferae.

⇒ The common juniper (J. communis) is a shrub of a low, spreading form, having awl-shaped, rigid leaves in whorls of threes, and bearing small purplish blue berries (or galbuli), of a warm, pungent taste, used as diuretic and in flavoring gin. A resin exudes from the bark, which has erroneously been considered identical with sandarach, and is used as pounce. The oil of juniper is acrid, and used for various purposes, as in medicine, for making varnish, etc. The wood of several species is of a reddish color, hard and durable, and is used in cabinetwork under the names of red cedar, Bermuda cedar, etc.

Juniper worm Zool., the larva of a geometrid moth (Drepanodes varus). It feeds upon the leaves of the juniper, and mimics the small twigs both in form and color, in a remarkable manner.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.