Porn or not? is a game that requires little more than a browser and some creativity. It's best played with two to four people, but can be played solo. For the lone player, though, I recommend six degrees of porn. Porn or not? is similar to My Little Pony or porn star? since it, obviously, requires differentiating between pornographic material and non-pornographic material, but the game play is radically different. Without further ado, here are the rules:

First, one person needs to come up with ten (or how many ever you want) URLs that could conceivably be porn sites. Whether this person knows if the sites are real or not is unimportant unless you are playing alone (you can’t know if you play alone). Next, have each person in the group guess if the URL is a porn site or not. If playing with more than two people you should rotate who guesses first. Then visit each site (it's not kinky like viewing porn with multiple people normally is because you’re doing it as part of an innocent game) and each person who guessed correctly gets a point and the URL creator gets a point for each incorrect guess. Repeat until everyone has had a chance to make up web addresses. As a final note, you and your friends should decide what you consider to be pornographic. Does the site have to show a nipple? Does it count if the content is meant to sexually arouse you but nothing is shown? Identifying which sites are pornographic isn’t usually a problem, but this definition of pornography from dictionary.com may help: “Sexually explicit pictures, writing, or other material whose primary purpose is to cause sexual arousal.”

If you’re playing with your friends (this is a pure, wholesome game! I don’t mean it like that) in person, you should be sure to write down the sites. If you are playing in a chat room or over an instant messenger, the URLs and guesses should already be recorded when you type them, but paper can still help.

There are a few variations on the above rules if you’re feeling spunky and want to change things up. You can have the person who is making up the URLs only get a point when someone incorrectly guesses that a site is pornographic if a non-pornographic website exists. Or, for the very wild, you can have three categories: porn site, not porn site, and doesn’t exist. You can also limit the use of different top-level domain names (the .com or .org, etc. part of a domain name) to a single top-level domain name (like only using domain names that end in .fr).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.