display | more...

Puck"er (?), v. t. & i. [imp. & p. p. Puckered (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Puckering.] [From Poke a pocket, small bag.]

To gather into small folds or wrinkles; to contract into ridges and furrows; to corrugate; -- often with up; as, to pucker up the mouth.

"His skin [was] puckered up in wrinkles."



© Webster 1913.

Puck"er, n.


A fold; a wrinkle; a collection of folds.


A state of perplexity or anxiety; confusion; bother; agitation.

[Prov. Eng. & Colloq. U. S.]


© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.