This phrase appears in the movie Slacker, during the scene in Captain Quakenbush's (the cafe) when the 4 young guys are sitting around the table being pseudo-intellectual. I've always liked the phrase, and I think it sums up the idea of the film perfectly. but also...
It's the title of my contribution to the Weekend Sound Track:

11 am Sunday: The Obsessiveness of the Utterly Passive

To get up, or stayed sprawled in bed? Or even to go back to sleep? The email's been checked with the laptop, the cup of tea's finished. The lover left hours ago to go to the Zen Center. Should I get up to meet the day? A Cheese Danish and a double tall latte are calling from the coffee shop down the street, but maybe i'll just lay here a little longer....

Shine On Me (Aurora Mix) by Torch Song (8:19) from Toward The Unknown Region

Hallodrauben by Oval (4:15) from Wohnton

Easy Muffin by Amon Tobin (5:02) from Bricolage

Acrid Avid Jam Shred by Aphex Twin (7:34) from ...I Care Because You Do

Masturbation Session by Amigos Invisibles (4:53) from Arepa 3000

45 Second Madonna Munge by Steev Hise (0:45)
This is an excerpt of plundered and processed Madonna music, sliced out of a larger work in progress concerning sexuality and pop music.

Lemontea by Suppa Micro Pamchopp (2:07) from Goo
see childisc.com. Wonderful and very strange music from Tokyo.

5 by Cafe Tacuba (3:49) from Reves

Photobooth by Death Cab for Cutie (3:46) from Forbidden Love E.P.

Nerdy Girl by Dealership (3:00) from secret american livingroom
Dealership is a very cute and excellent local San Francisco band that totally rocks. see www.dealerkids.com!

In the Morning by Built To Spill (2:37) There's Nothing Wrong With Love

track 4 (title unknown) from "Haniwa" by K. Senba and his Haniwa All-Stars (2:44)

Once More With Feeling by Eugene Chadbourne (3:27) from LSD C & W 2001
A cover of a Kris Kristofferson song, I think. Guest instrumentals by Only A Mother.

Consume Mao by Ground-Zero 1:32 from Revolutionary Pekinese Opera
This album by Otomo Yoshihide's band Ground-Zero is a re-making of an album by Germans Heiner Goebbels and Alfred 23 Harth, which was itself a rendition of a 1960s revolutionary Pekinese opera from China.

A Little Blackout by Only a Mother 6:02 from Feral Chickens
What happened last night?


Listen here: http://steev.hise.org/11am/
....go back to 10 am Sunday, or, move on to 12 noon Sunday....

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.