Transforms from plane to robot and back!

DECEPTICON: THRUST

FUNCTION: WARRIOR
"My engines' roar is my enemies' song of doom!"

He rattles the air with the roar of his jets...believes half the battle is won if the opponent is "psyched out" by his mere arrival, so he makes no attempt to be sneaky. Pompous, loud-mouthed braggart and not too brave. Sudden, powerful accelerations can topple nearby buildings. Flies at Mach 2.5, can double speed in 20 seconds for up to two minutes. Carries four air-to-air missiles and two automatic missile launchers in robot mode.

  • Strength: 8
  • Intelligence: 6
  • Speed: 9
  • Endurance: 6
  • Rank: 5
  • Courage: 4
  • Firepower: 8
  • Skill: 7
Transformers Tech Specs


When I first saw the commercial for Thrust and Dirge, I was so awed that I ran out of the house to meet my mom as she walked home from the drugstore and told her about these cool new plane Transformers named "Musk" and "Dirt". Ah, the little joys of a limited vocabulary. Fortunately my mom wasn't enough of a fan to know how to correct me.

Probably the coolest-looking of the second-year jets, Thrust was a deep maroon and black with tails mounted on the outside of his stabilizers and wings with enormous turbines mounted in them for vertical takeoff. Like the other jets, he never got much airtime because Starscream was hogging the limelight every episode. Wanted one, never got one, couldn't afford one because I was too busy shopping for Constructicons. No regrets there, though.

Thrust II

Background

In the followup to the Beast Wars series called Beast Machines, the Maximals return to Cybertron to find a changed world. Missing two of their own (Silverbolt and Rhinox), unable to transform, and having no recollection of what has transpired since the time they left prehistoric Earth, they were caught wholly unprepared for what awaited them. Cybertron was a barren planet, ruled by Megatron, the leader of the rogue Predacons they had fought during the Beast Wars. His ideal of technological purity for Cybertron was enforced at first by legions of mindless Vehicon drones but later by three generals designed to control the drones: Tankor, Jetstorm, and Thrust. To Thrust fell the task of commanding the cycle drones.

The Basics

Although Thrust shared his name with a Generation 1 Decepticon, the two had virtually nothing in common. Whereas the original Thrust transformed into a crimson and black jet, the new Thrust was a sleek, alien motorcycle. Likewise, the original Thrust was little more than a grunt in the army of the Decepticon Empire while the new Thrust held a position of some importance; after all, he himself represented 25% of all sentient Vehicons (that means there were three others, for those not good with fractions and percents). Without a doubt the coolest of the three generals, Thrust was an enigmatic character. He rarely spoke and when he did, he spoke calmly in a low, whispery voice. He kept mostly to himself, though he had something vaguely resembling a friendship with Jetstorm.

When it was discovered that the general Tankor actually held the spark of the lost Maximal second-in-command Rhinox, the remaining Maximals soon realized it was possible that Jetstorm and Thrust were also former associates of theirs. After Thrust saved Blackarachnia's life on more than one occasion, she began to believe that he was actually Silverbolt, her star-crossed lover from the Beast Wars. To appreciate the significance of this, though, a little background is necessary.

Although she was now a Maximal, Blackarachnia had originally been a Predacon. Surpassed in treachery only by Megatron and her pseudo-father Tarantulas, it seemed as if she was destined for evil. Then the Maximal fuzor Silverbolt appeared (ironically, he too had started out as a Predacon) and the two had something resembling an affair that neither faction approved of. Both Megatron and Optimus Primal saw this as a weakness, but only Megatron exploited it (since he's, you know, evil). After a while, though, Blackarachnia finally did join the Maximals and the two lovers were together in an "authorized" manner. Silverbolt is largely credited with her conversion to the Maximal faction. It is easy to realize, then, why she was so desperate to retrieve Silverbolt's spark from Thrust. Fortunately for us, fate (as well as Bob Skir) was not so easily manipulated.

"Oooh, Wazzzpinator had planzz!"

When Blackarachnia finally tried to force Silverbolt from Thrust, she was shocked to find her old accomplice Waspinator waiting for her. It would be an understatement to say that Waspinator was something of a spazz. As his name might imply, Waspinator transformed into a wasp. He spoke in the third person with a voice resembling that of Slimer's from Ghostbusters and had penchant for being blown up. Waspinator was something of a fan favorite for his goofiness and sometimes inspired bursts of realization that he was being exploited by Megatron. After Megatron was defeated in the Beast Wars, however, Waspinator was left behind on prehistoric Earth to hang out with the corpses of various Predacons and the proto-humans. He revealed to Blackarachnia that he had ruled over them as something of a king, but eventually left (or was forced to leave) to return to Cybertron. After a very, very long time, Waspinator returned to Cybertron and his spark was captured by Megatron. Realizing that he was in need of loyal troops, however, Megatron called on Waspinator to be one of his generals. Since his conversion to Thrust, Waspinator was completely loyal to Megatron. Even after he discovered who he had once been, he continued to serve Megatron and even berated those who turned against him. Once Jetstorm reverted to being Silverbolt, the two had something of a private feud. Thrust saw Silverbolt as a traitor and made it his mission to destroy him.

"Thrust, overdrive..."

Unfortunately for us, Thrust and Silverbolt never had their climactic one-man-standing battle. Thrust was dispatched by Cheetor who extracted his spark right before Thrust was about to smoke him like so much rolled tobacco. In the last episode of the series, Thrust was reformatted into a wasp with the head of one of his cycle drones. He reverted to the Waspinator personality for good after that, I guess.

Comments

Thrust is notable for a few reasons:


1) He was the only "evil" character to survive both Beast Wars and Beast Machines.
2) He is one of only three characters (evil or otherwise) to survive both series.
3) He was the only Vehicon general to have been created from an "evil" spark.
4) He was the only general to survive both seasons in his Vehicon form.
5) He was really, really cool.

Did I leave something out? Have a different opinion? Do you just not like me? Do me a favor and /msg me and tell me why. Downvoting me without giving me an explanation is like reviewing a movie by saying "it sucks" and then not giving a reason. It doesn't help anybody improve anything and it certainly doesn't make me want to work any harder.

Thrust (?), n. & v.

Thrist.

[Obs.]

Spenser.

 

© Webster 1913.


Thrust, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Thrust (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Thrusting.] [OE. rusten, risten, resten, Icel. rst to thrust, press, force, compel; perhaps akin to E. threat.]

1.

To push or drive with force; to drive, force, or impel; to shove; as, to thrust anything with the hand or foot, or with an instrument.

Into a dungeon thrust, to work with slaves. Milton.

2.

To stab; to pierce; -- usually with through.

To thrust away or from, to push away; to reject. -- To thrust in, to push or drive in. -- To thrust off, to push away. -- To thrust on, to impel; to urge. -- To thrust one's self in or into, to obtrude upon, to intrude, as into a room; to enter (a place) where one is not invited or not welcome. -- To thrust out, to drive out or away; to expel. -- To thrust through, to pierce; to stab. "I am eight times thrust through the doublet." Shak. -- To thrust together, to compress.

 

© Webster 1913.


Thrust, v. i.

1.

To make a push; to attack with a pointed weapon; as, a fencer thrusts at his antagonist.

2.

To enter by pushing; to squeeze in.

And thrust between my father and the god. Dryden.

3.

To push forward; to come with force; to press on; to intrude.

"Young, old, thrust there in mighty concourse."

Chapman.

To thrust to, to rush upon. [Obs.]

As doth an eager hound Thrust to an hind within some covert glade. Spenser.

 

© Webster 1913.


Thrust, n.

1.

A violent push or driving, as with a pointed weapon moved in the direction of its length, or with the hand or foot, or with any instrument; a stab; -- a word much used as a term of fencing.

[Polites] Pyrrhus with his lance pursues, And often reaches, and his thrusts renews. Dryden.

2.

An attack; an assault.

One thrust at your pure, pretended mechanism. Dr. H. More.

3. Mech.

The force or pressure of one part of a construction against other parts; especially Arch., a horizontal or diagonal outward pressure, as of an arch against its abutments, or of rafters against the wall which support them.

4. Mining

The breaking down of the roof of a gallery under its superincumbent weight.

Thrust bearing Screw Steamers, a bearing arranged to receive the thrust or endwise pressure of the screw shaft. -- Thrust plane Geol., the surface along which dislocation has taken place in the case of a reversed fault.

Syn. -- Push; shove; assault; attack. Thrust, Push, Shove. Push and shove usually imply the application of force by a body already in contact with the body to be impelled. Thrust, often, but not always, implies the impulse or application of force by a body which is in motion before it reaches the body to be impelled.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.