In today's episode, we find Mir becoming the recipiant of a random act of kindness

My folks decided to travel to the mall today so my father could spend his large pile of gift certificates. So as can be expected, moments after entering we split off and going our seperate ways: My parents to Wherehouse Music and Radio Shack and such, sister to Hot Topic (little punk-wannabe whiner. Grr.) and I to Waldenbooks.

I found this interesting little book there: What Would Buddha Do?...after flipping through it, I decided to take it home with me. So up to the register, open wallet...

That'll be $16.24...

I look down. $13.25 left, not enough to buy it. I ask her to place the thing on hold, figuring I could try and track down my folks and ask to borrow three bucks. Suddenly a woman next to me turns and asks "How much are you missing?"

I stand there confused. "Umm...$3.00"

She tells me she'll chip in the money, handing me three crisp one dollar bills. I stand there amazed at this, before finnaly accepting the gift and thanking her for her kindness. The casher smiles and says "Talk about what would Buddha do?"

That was...I don't know. I come from Philadelphia, if the same situation had happened at Cherry Hill Mall I doubt someone would have done that. She had never seen me before, didn't know anything about me...and here she is offering to cover the remaining cost of my book. That takes heart...and where ever she is right now, I would like to thank you, once more, for doing that.

Small random acts of kindness. Better than candy.