It all boils down to what exactly you mean with the word advanced. Humans are quitely obviously the most advanced in the use of technology: our tools are infinitely more sophisticated than sticks used to get ants out of their hill. Through technology, we're also by far the most adaptive to inhospitable environments. Actually, it's the other way round: humans usually adapt the environment to fit them. They do that on a scale totally unmatched by any other species.

Intelligence may be hard to define, but I'm pretty sure any meaningful definition would include self-awareness, abstract thought, and the ability to communicate either, So far, the only animals that have shown these traits are other primates, and only on a very low level.

If you think that any other species is "more advanced", define exactly in what way they are more advanced, and why.

By the way, Humans are quite capable of killing any known virus or bacterium - we just can't kill a million of them that are hiding inside a host without also harming the host, at least not in the case of HIV.


Footprints: Well, maybe a rock also has thoughts we "can't fathom". If you postulate the existance of something, it's your responsibility to prove it, not everyone else's to disprove it. As for bateria, that's a pretty vague claim, depending on circumstances and definitions.

You still haven't touched the core of the problem: how do you want to define "advanced"? If you don't fix it clearly, this discussion is moot, as you can (like you have done so far) keep changing the definition to support your current case.