Mamba is the name of the signature hypercoaster at Worlds of Fun amusement park near Kansas City, Missouri. Mamba is located in the Africa section of Worlds of Fun and is named after the poisonous snake. It is the third in the Morgan trilogy of hypercoasters after Wild Thing in Valleyfair! and Steel Force in Dorney Park. Opened in the 1998 operating season, it was the first roller coaster added to Worlds of Fun after its acquisition by Cedar Fair. It is also the largest expansion for the amusement park and is the most thrilling roller coaster in the park to date. It is a steel sit-down out and back roller coaster but unlike the other two in the Morgan trilolgy, Mamba does not feature a tunnel. However, Mamba has a blackout-inducing 580 degree helix that is taken at 60 mph. Mamba is a roller coaster that should be ridden by fans of positive G forces, as the camelback bumps are relatively not as exciting as the other elements of Mamba.

Statistics:

  • Length of Track: 5600 ft
  • Length of Ride: ~3 minutes
  • Top Speed: 75 mph
  • Capacity: 1700 riders per hour
  • Height: first hill - 205 ft; second hill - 184 ft
  • Trains: 3 with 6 cars each. 3 rows of 2 person per row.
Sources: www.rcdb.com; www.worldsoffun.com