TechTV was formerly ZDTV, owned by the publishing conglomerate, Ziff-Davis. In January, 2000, ZDTV was sold to Vulcan Ventures, based out of Bellevue, Washington. Vulcan Ventures is run by the Microsoft Cofounder Paul Allen.

Supposedly, TechTV is pledged to "help viewers improve their computer knowledge and participate more fully in the digital age". Whether it does this or not depends on what knowledge you're looking for... most of the stuff could be found on the internet in 1/10th of the time, but then again, this is in tasty TV format. All of the shows have their own corresponding website under TechTV's homepage (http://www.techtv.com), some of which are updated DURING the show. That's cool!

Here's the list of TechTV's current shows:

  • Tech Live - (Daily x 9.5 hours/News and Information)
  • AudioFile - (Weekly x 30 minutes/News & Information)
  • Big Thinkers - (Weekly x 30 minutes/Information)
  • Call For Help - (Daily x 60 minutes/Information)
  • CyberCrime - (Weekly x 30 minutes/News & Information)
  • Extended Play - (Weekly x 30 minutes/News & Information)
  • Fresh Gear - (Weekly x 30 minutes/News & Information)
  • Internet Tonight - (Daily x 30 minutes/News & Information)
  • The Screen Savers - (Daily x 90 minutes/Information)
  • Silicon Spin - (Daily x 30 minutes/Information)
  • TechTV News - (Daily x 30 minutes/News & Information)
  • The inherent problems with only having this many shows are as follows. All Weekly shows are repeated at the same time every day, I am pretty sure. Sometimes they run out of the dailies and repeat those too. The Screen Savers is worth watching sometimes, it's kinda fun and interesting.

    Some of this info was obviously found on http://www.techtv.com -- Nodeshell Rescue!!