Okay, I honestly feel like a curse. Starting in September, every two months I find out that another one of my close friends either has some freak strain of cancer or has a tumor that may or may not be cancerous. Wonderful. So, starting in September, then...

A friend of mine, with whom I am coauthoring a book series, told me over Instant Message that he has a disease of the skin that looks like cancer, acts like cancer, is treated like cancer, and feels like cancer. But somehow it isn't actually cancer. Right. As if I bought that.

November, another close friend of mine hadn't been to school since the end of September because he caught a cold and it developed into bronchitis and pneumonia. I find out in November, suprise! he has lung cancer!!

January, yet another friend, I find out, has a tumor, only this time in her brain, and it's grown from the size of a golf ball to the size of a softball in less than a month. And it may or may not be cancerous. No one knows because it's impossible to operate so that it can be tested.

Now, just yesterday, one of my best friends in the entire world tells me she has some type of cancer in her eye. Fortunately, it was a joke. An extremely cruel joke, but a joke nonetheless. I'm at a cross between super-pissed and super-violated and super-glad. Pissed and violated because she lied to me about something as extreme as that, and glad because she doesn't have cancer.

Does no one else make the connection? Every two months, people I know are getting cancer! I said at the beginning of February that I was terrified for March.

Now I'm terrified for May.

Who else out of my friends is going to be diagnosed with a potentially deadly disease?