Today Was a Mixed Day

Please let me not take for granted the freedoms provided by America and the Internet and allow me to begin this daylog node by saying...

FUCK YOU Taleban, You Budda-Blasting Pigs!

In case you weren't aware, the Taleban decided to go ahead an blow up two ancient statues of Budda carved into cliffs in the middle of the desert because their existance evidently violated Islamic law. I poop on your laws in the name of freedom, art, and history.

At least the soldiers that were responsible for the actual blowing tried to delay. I guess even the people of Afganistan did not want it done.

People who blow up art because it offends them, scare me.

Precious is Back in Town

My girlfriend came back from NYC today. She was glad to see me. I took her for dinner at one of my local favorites, Pane Vino Dolce. She has loved that resturant in the past, but the Duck she ordered tonight made her gag.

This kind of set the scene for her to get sick and tired. It took awhile to defrost her, but everything turned out alright in the end.

Mono no Hito?

On the way back from the airport my girl and I stopped at Boyton Health Services on the U of MN campus so I could get my health checked. You see, my mother reported to me the other day that she had contracted Mononucleosis; and since she often cooks for us and we share food a lot it is quite possible that I have it too.

In fact, I highly suspected that I may have got it first from my girlfriend because she seemed to have the symptoms far ahead of anyone else. Well, she got checked too but the doctors thought she was negative and instead gave her some stool sample containers to return. They think she may have some strange asian parasite.

I don't care what the Koreans say, you must refridgerate meat! Yes, especially pork!!

To make a short story told long shorter, they ran my blood and found I was negative for mono...but it can take awhile to gestate so I made a doctor's appointment to come back in a couple weeks before I go on spring break to Chicago. This will have been four week of feeling like crap.

Feeling like crap seems to enhance my noding libido, I have found.