This 1950 movie tells the story of Beauregard Bottomly (Ronald Coleman), an eclectic know-it-all who lives quietly with his books and the company of a foul-mouthed parrot, Caesar (voiced by Mel Blanc). In an attempt to bolster the family budget, he applies for a position with Milady Soap Company and when he is summarily dismissed without consideration by it's eccentric president, Burnbridge Waters (Vincent Price), Bearegard does not let it lie. Beauregard's sister, and the family bread-winner, Gwenn (Barbara Britton), is the key to his plans. She informs Beauregard of the radio and television quiz show that's all the rage. He enters the contest and is soon the darling of listeners and viewers and the thorn in the sides of Burnbridge and Happy Hogan (Art Linkletter), the show's smug and smarmy host. It seems everyone is on Beauregard's side, even Einstein, who calls the program to tell them that although the answer given doesn't match the one on the card, it is still correct. With the prize money doubling for every right answer and the future ownership of Milady Soap Company in the balance, Burnbridge turns to the charming and heartless Flame O'Neill (Celeste Holm) to sidetrack the "human encyclopaedia." With the tension mounting, nobody wants to miss the next question, especially not Beauregard. And what about Burnbridge's past association with Caesar?

With an engaging plot and superb acting from everyone involved, this is a definite must-see for any fan of Coleman or Price. In interviews, Price said that of all the movies he'd been in, this was his favorite. And while it is not my favorite, it is definitely near the top of my list.