September 11, 2001 will forever be etched in my memory.
I was at work here in Utrecht, The Netherlands when I heard the news about the terrorist attacks on the WTC and the Pentagon. We turned on the tv, and watched the images on CNN. My mind instantly went into zombie-mode when I saw what happened, and all I could think of was Robert.

Robert was my brother. He worked in the WTC 2 days a week. Unfortunately on that dreadful Tuesday in September, he was there.
It's all so unreal. Two days before 9/11 I had spoken to him on the phone, planning when he would come over to see Holland. One day before 9/11 I received a postcard from him, from when he was on holiday in Canada, which had taken about 3 weeks to get here. When I checked my e-mail in the morning I got a message from him, that he finally found a certain cd he was looking for. Before that day was over, he was gone.

I know he's somewhere up there, watching over me. I miss you Rob. Just make sure I won't visit you any time soon.

As I write this, it's a bit after midnight on November 28, 2001. I don't know why I'm writing this, but somehow it feels good. Even though I'm not a huge fan of military actions, I do hope that this time it will serve its purpose and bring those responsible for the 9/11 tragedy to justice.