A rather peculiar experience at 3 in the morning led me to having a disturbing dream. At 3, I was awoken to the sound of my old music box on my windowsill, which had not played properly for a few months now, playing rythmically. My cat jumped off my bed, to the floor, where she vomited up what looked like her small intestine engulfed in hairs, not quite a hairball and disgusting to look at.

So I went back to sleep. And in this so called dream that I had, I had taken my cat to the hospital and was told that she had Parkinson's Disease. I accepted this as the truth, and I went home and over to the theater where I was now employed as a stagehand. The employees there were all members of my academic team, even the meek protegés we have collected for next year's team. One of the boys on the team, James, approached me and moved his arms around me, swooped me down and tried to kiss me. I asked him what he thought he was doing. He said, "Ben is not here!" I was rather upset, and asked around to find out where Ben was. Someone told me he was back in Columbia visiting his mother in the hospital. She had ruptured her stomach.

But Ben returns, and I am telling him about James's attempts to seduce me and whisk me away, and he doesn't really care. He's tired. So we sit at school on a sidewalk, and I kiss him, but he keeps talking about some device on his shirt collar that tells him how many people are around him. I count that there are 7 people behind him, and he then tells me the number. I can't find the point in this. He's still tired, so I take him to a room in a hotel where I am staying and I throw him on a bed. He is laying on the 3rd bed in the room, which I didn't know was there. And he says, "I have to go now. My mom needs me." and leaves. I wake up.