For once, I'm in a really good mood today, despite the slight head cold that's been blocking my right ear all week.

I have several reasons; first, Ireland beat Denmark 3-0 last night in an international friendly. Ian Harte, Robbie Keane and Clinton Morrison all scored. It was a great match, and it was fantastic to see Ireland play so well with Roy Keane (of Manchester United), our star player, injured. I haven't seen an Irish team play so positively in ages, which bodes well for this summer's World Cup in Japan and Korea. Chelsea and Denmark's Jesper Gronkær didn't play well, but the Danish formation didn't really suit his style, so I'm not too worried about that.

Also, yesterday there was a company announcement that we have Good Friday (i.e. tomorrow) off! Good Friday is a bank holiday in Ireland; AFAIK, banks and the civil service have the day off, but for all others, it depends on the company. So this means I get a four-day weekend. Yay!

Finally, I got some good work done yesterday. Well, whether or not it's good is very objective, but I was happy with it. I got to write some cool Java code (yes, I am a geek...), and I also finished off the three articles I was planning to write (on Evan Dando, The Breeders and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers & New Order) for The Slate, a semi-student-run Dublin magazine. Today I'm hoping to find out whether or not they liked 'em... If so, I'll be a music critic! I'd earn only about €200 a month from it, plus expenses and perhaps a couple of freebies, which should keep me nicely in big trousers and spiky earrings.