A.C. is getting to be one of my favorite bands. Although I'm not sure what that says about me. I love how they got kicked off Earache records after they released It Just Gets Worse because of record stores refusing to carry the album due to its highly offensive nature. I have read many a review of said album, and all have deemed it the most offensive thing ever recorded. I am proud to own a copy. The band has said that their next album will only be worse than before. I think we have a lot to look forward to.

I recently got the chance to see Anal Cunt play in Memphis. They played in the basement of a coffee shop/deli type place downtown. The place had brick walls and concrete floors and was illuminated only by two lightbulbs hanging from the ceiling by the wires that powered them.

The show was the most intense thing i have ever heard. The band opened with the warmest of greetings: "We're Anal Cunt, and you are all a bunch of FAGGOTS!!!". Immediately they went right into playing and didn't let up for nearly half an hour. What sounded like one huge jumble of noise to some people was merely a medley of their best and most popular work. Songs like "311 Sucks", "Rancid Sucks (And the Clash sucked too)", and "You're Gay" (dedicated to 'The fat fucking kid in the Acid Bath shirt'), along with their infamous cover songs, including but not limited to: Elton John's "I'm Still Standing", The Bee Gees' "Stayin' Alive", and Hootie and the Blowfish's "Only Wanna Be With You" made the evening as entertaining as ever. There were some reservations about the skinheads beating the shit out of each other, but once everyone realized they were just having a good drunken time, the crowd got back into it.

All in all, it wasn't the best show I've ever seen, but if given the chance, I'd see them again. They are definitely a must for followers of this genre. I mean how can you go wrong with a song like "If You Don't Like The Village People, You're Fucking Gay"?

Update: As of Dec. 21, 2001, Anal Cunt have broken up. The members have since formed several new bands, most notably You're Fired, and Full Blown A.I.D.S.. God, and I thought Anal Cunt was a pretty offensive band name......

Original writeup by our beloved taschenrechner who has decided to leave us. He bequeathed this writeup to me as a birthday present and also because I went to the glorious A.C. show with him. If you got a problem with it, I am sorry that you care that much. But feel free to msg me anyway!