As with all debates and issues, there is never a single sided solution, as history has pointed out, compromise is necessary to achieve harmony. This is once again the case. It is possible to reduce the emissions, and pollutants distributed into our eco-sphere, by utilizing technology to reduce them. Lets take a look at two items in particular; power production and vehicle emissions.

Power Production: When we look at the abundance of power plants today, we generally see those that use coal and natural gas as there primary source of fuel. If we could transfer these power plants into nuclear plants, we would reduce the pollutant output by at least 80 percent.

Vehicle Emissions: The easiest way to address this fundamental problem is to create an efficient electric vehicle such as the EV1 which is currently in strong use in California and Arizona.

If you combine recovery and response with technological advancements, you can successfully control the problem, but if you advance technology to clean the air, you loose the focus on fixing the problem. This is the same though process as rebooting the server when it locks up instead of finding out why it locked up. You can't resolve anything by fixing the symptoms, only by fixing the cause.