Ok, I'll admit it. I bought Black & White. I had planned to all along, I've been following the hype for months. But...

The *very* day it came out, a friend of mine managed to get a 'copy' from somewhere, and brought it over to my house. I figured, 'there's not really anything wrong with playing it for a little while, then purchasing the boxed version.' And fun! Oh, glorious fun. The game truly is a masterpiece. And true to myself, as soon as I was able, I bought it. I was hoping that the rumours of the white box/black box option were true, but it seems that EA went with a double-sided box instead. No matter, my $65.95 CDN was well spent, no matter what the packaging.

However, now I do feel guilty. My rationalization behind using the un-purchased copy felt right at the time, as Lionhead has not released a demo of the game. Since I was going to purchase the boxed version anyways, what harm did I do?


Coffee exuberance makes mistakes.

Having just moved out, several realizations have struck me. One, it's going to take me a while to get up to my peak creative speed, being in a new environment and all. Two, my roommate is getting on my nerves with his 'you should get outside more, eat properly', etc. Three, the convenience of being very close to the downtown core is wasted on me. I know no-one living in downtown Vancouver, all my friends are back in Coquitlam and Port Moody. Four, DSL is dependent upon my future employment prospects, which in turn depend on getting my creative speed back.

It has just turned five in the bloody morning, I am going to sleep.