I can't really find very much in the above writeup that's totally unreasonable. It is true that having a right-wing political affiliation does not necessitate having a racist mentality. However, I would argue that right-wing policies are, necessarily, detrimental to the elimination of barriers, whether those barriers are based on race, sex, class, or any other consideration.

The reason for this is that the right wing of politics is based, at least in part, on the principle that business should be impacted as little as possible by the government. However, only the government is able to dictate what kind of policies are unacceptable for businesses to pursue, as a matter of law. With the exception of rights provided by government legislation, businesses are for the most part not accountable to their employees (labour unions provide an exception, of course, but it's probably fair to say that the right wing is even less in favour of power in the hands of labour unions than power in the hands of the government). If change in the workplace is to be brought about, then, it must be brought about through the actions of the government.

The instances of overt, systematic racism that are seen today are still highly disturbing, but less frequent than they may have been thirty years ago. The more frequently encountered problem is that of institutional, systemic racism (embodied by the sentiment of "that's just the way we've always done things around here"). These attitudes are often highly exclusive, and account for major barriers in the workplace, as well as on a social and societal level. The same type of attitude is often in evidence in matters of sex, sexuality, religion, and other such considerations. In these circumstances, the people in positions of power often do not perceive there to be a problem, and in any case it is not reasonable to expect the people in positions of power to police themselves with regard to their own behaviour. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the government to clearly define what kinds of attitudes and policies are unacceptable, and to promote policies of equity - policies that compensate for the presence of ingrained, systemic barriers.

While a right-wing philosophy might not stem from intolerance, nevertheless the right-wing has traditionally been against the implementation of policies that promote equity in the workplace. While this may be rooted in self-interest and not neccesarily be indicative of a personal bias against people who are aided by these policies, it is nevertheless important to recognize that these policies are designed to combat problems whose scale and magnitude are truly appalling. In my opinion, the importance of effecting changes to combat racism, both systematic and systemic, is incontrovertibly more important that the closely-guarded independance of free enterprise.