This node deserves some form of counterpoint.

Firstly, it should be noted that many generally-respected and esteemed people have had some aspect of their lives which the general public would now find repugnant, and which they themselves would likely later regret, for example, the Founding Fathers' possession of slaves.

Secondly, it should be understood that within the time this was written, "the Jews" is used not so much in a racial sense (i.e. "the blacks"), but in a cultural sense (i.e. "the French"). One could try reading these quotes substituing "the lawyers" for "the Jews" to evaluate the distinction in the harshness of the statements, for a modern reader. As the source document from which the previous writeup was pasted indicates, but which has been omitted, Luther's statements are directed toward a philosophical/belief system, not a race. "The Nazis imprisoned and killed Jews who had converted to Christianity: Luther would have welcomed them."

Thirdly, pulling out selected passages and aggregating them to give the reader a pre-made conclusion of what the original document said in its totality, is rhetorical at best.

Fourthly, Luther and Christianity in general are hardly unique in putting forth questionable evaluations of members of other religions. One might consider the Talmudic explanation of why Cain, supposedly the third person in existence, being the direct descendant of Adam and Eve, was able to find cities filled with what appeared to be other "people", immediately after leaving Eden, as an example.

I would think that for an indicator of what Luther truly would want his legacy to be, and what his core, central messages were, it would be preferable to refer to the writings he used for instruction of the church, and which are still in use today--rather than a chopped-up, obscure writing which a member of the Lutheran church today would normally have no awareness existed.

From the book of instruction to entitle one to be confirmed into the Lutheran Church upon learning it, Luther's Small Catechism:

The Eighth Commandment.
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

What does this mean? - Answer.
We should fear and love God that we may not deceitfully belie, betray, slander, or defame our neighbor, but defend him, {think and} speak well of him, and put the best construction on everything.