Warlords is not out of reach for modern classic gamers! All you need is a Sony Playstation (1 or 2), and Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete. Insert the "Making of Lunar" CD into your PS. As the intro video plays, press up, down, left, right, triangle, start. And now, you're playing a very faithful recreation of the original Warlords, with a few extra bonuses.

  • You can select a portrait to represent yourself, at the middle of your castle, from the characters of Lunar.
  • With a dual analog controller, the gameplay is much more responsive than ever before (even though the original was on paddle controllers), and the controller vibrates when you hit the ball. (Yes, you can turn off the feedback if it bugs you.)
  • You can toggle the "shadow" players on or off.
  • You can enable "multiball", where, as players are destroyed, more balls are added to the game.
  • You can tweak the size and defense of the players' castles.
  • You can tweak the size of the paddles.
  • AI players. You can specify how many and how fast they are.
  • Instead of being constrained to the four corners, players can pick any of the nine locations from a three by three grid. That's right, show how bad-ass you are by taking the center square, you stud.
  • And finally, and this is the important difference, the game supports up to eight players if you happen to have two multitaps available. That's right, EIGHT PLAYERS.

What are you waiting for, you Warlords freak? You can get L:SSSC used for dirt cheap now. Go get it.