Almost every noder with 100+ XP has written at least one really good node. So all you have to do is go to Other Users, click on someone, and read their 'highest ranked' nodes. More often than not, you'll get your money's worth.

However, I think that there are 3 types of good nodes:

  1. Nodes that everyone likes, which will probably be very highly ranked if they are good, so you can't lose there. Just follow the above instructions.
  2. Esoteric nodes. These are nodes few people understand, because they are more profound than most regular nodes, so people tend to ignore them (sometimes even downvote them). However, if you are lucky, one or two people understood them, and they are therefore cool!ed. They can usually be found in the lower parts of the highest reputation first listing, with a C!
    (If you have never run into, or want an example of such a node, see my what E2 is all about node.)
  3. Nodes that piss you off. I admit it. I love reading nodes that are insensitive or stupid, because, well, they trigger some emotion in me. And just sometimes, these nodes get you thinking about stuff in a different perspective. However, as most badly voted nodes really suck, I go only for the ones which are high on the lowest reputation first, with a C!. This means that somebody thought it worthwhile, so it is not just a my dog's name node, but it REALLY pissed people off.
Have fun.