Tonight's best line: "I've finally found a use for Investor's Business Daily," he said as he swatted a bug with it.

I'm pissed off. The U.S. House of Representatives voted to change the name of French fries in the cafeteria to "freedom fries". Plus, French toast is now "freedom toast". Not to mention crotchety old veterans mailing medals back to France. And the streets are running red with people pouring out French wine.

Oh. My. God. I've long past given up on the general public, but I guess it's too much to expect that the people in charge of running our country act with at least a modicum of dignity. I don't care what you think about France or Iraq, but you shouldn't act like a petulant 12 year old about it, pouring out perfectly good wine (that you already paid for) and rewriting menus in an act little better than a temper tantrum.

We've been giving the world the middle finger for two years, and then we're surprised that our friends and allies don't follow our orders. And since when did being an ally of the US mean that you have to say "How high?" when we order you to jump? Apparently, if you don't do exactly what we say, you're a traitor who has stabbed us in the back.

I'm sick of it. I'm sick of living in a state that's a national embarrassment in a country that's an international embarrassment. "Love it or leave it," I guess, but I've always thought that was a stupid saying. Improve it. It's my country just as much as it is the country of that idiot pouring wine in the street.