11:45: I'm having trouble believing in E2 at the moment.

I mean, I can see that the database is good for referencing, good for finding information of a wide range of subjects, but on the other hand I can see that this is a place where unpopular opinions are silenced quickly, not by someone telling you to shut up, but by people hiding in the shadows and slipping out to deliver a quick blow, fully aware that they will never have to justify their actions. If someone came forth and argued against me, then I would be quite happy, even if later on I realised that I was in the wrong (well, not happy), but they dont, not even when challenged and taunted, they just hide.

On the 19th of May I posted a writeup until the title Who Cares?. This writeup had two parts, the first of which was a personal story from my life about someone who continually used this phrase, and how stupid it was.

The second part was an arguement against using the link Who Cares? in E2 as a way of giving feedback.

The writeup is now at -5. I am sure that an editor is going to come along and mark it for deletion soon, and when they do I am going to have to protest. Despite being a little bit abrasive, the writeup makes a good arguement, it is well-written, has links, correct spelling and is definately in the correct node. When it is destroyed, it will not be because the writeup is bad, it will be because the Editors will have seen that is is unpopular and killed it.

This is where the problem lays. If writeups are killed not because of their lack of value to the database, or their inaccuracy, but instead because they are unpopular, or the writer has expressed an opinion that 5 people dont like, then what hope do we have of this ever being an accurate depiction of Everything?

As I said, I'm having a hard time believing in E2 right now...

_______

12:42: I come back to E2 and find my Who Cares? writeup at -1.. and a chatterbox filled with messages with advice and help. Suffice to say that my faith and belief in E2 has been firmly re-established.

I would like at this time to apologise to any editors who read this writeup and took offense. It was never my intention to attack you, but rather to point out a flaw in the system that I had thought existed.