A super-hero published by DC Comics. Stripesy first appeared in Star-Spangled Comics #1 in 1941.

Pat Dugan was a mechanic and patriot. Finding himself at a movie theater on July 4th, 1941, Dugan heard pro-Nazi protesters. Dugan helped to shout them down and when the protesters became violent, fought them off. Discovering that they were actually sabateurs, Dugan created a patriotic costume and followed the villains to foil their plans. He discovered that another person at the theater had the same idea and the two teamed up to defeat their foes. The other person was a youth by the name of Sylvester Pemberton III. The two decided that they worked well as a team and became known as The Star-Spangled Kid and Stripesy.

Pemberton's parents were wealthy and he convinced his father to hire Dugan to act as the family driver. The two were able to use the Pemberton resources to create the Star-Rocket Racer, a car with that could reach speeds of 200 mph and could also fly for short distances. The car was designed by Pemberton and constructed by Dugan.

Unlike most teams during this time, the Star-Spangled Kid and Stripesy reversed the usual formula. Where in most teams, the adult lead the duo, in this pairing Dugan took the sidekick role, bowing to Pemberton's greater knowledge and skill as a tactician.

The two joined both the All-Star Squadron and the Seven Soldiers of Victory. It was while fighting with this last group, that the pair were stranded at different points in time. They were all eventually rescued by the Justice Society of America and the Justice League of America. Unfortunately for the heroes, while only week's had passed for them, forty years had passed for the rest of the world.

Pat Dugan retired after that point, persuing a life not involved with costumes and heroes. He eventually married a woman named Whitmore and moved with her and her daughter Courtney to Blue Valley, Nevada. While there, Courtney discovered that Dugan had once been Stripesy. She also discovered The Star-Spangled Kid's Cosmic Converter Belt and decided to become the new Star-Spangled Kid.

Scared that some harm might come to Courtney, Dugan constructed an eight foot tall robot called S.T.R.I.P.E. Dugan uses this robot, which is equipped with all types of weaponry to fight along side Courtney and try and keep her from harm, while he tries to convince her to quit being a hero.