Hi there.

A while back, I posted a note on my homenode that informed anyone reading that I wouldn't be around for a while because I was writing a book. The funny thing is that I wasn't actually writing a book -- I was writing a book proposal. Writing the proposal took a lot longer than I thought it would, simply because I'd never written one before. I think I worked on it for at least half a year...compare this to the mere weeks it took me to write my second proposal!

To make a long story even longer, I finished my proposal, I landed an agent, and then, after a number of rather long months, I was offered a contract by Simon & Schuster. The advance I received was fairly good for a first time author, though I wouldn't have complained if they'd offered me more.

I wrote the book in a relatively short span of time while buying and moving into my first home. That, as you might very well imagine, was more than a little stressful, but I thought it prudent to deliver on time no matter what. I'd say it paid off, considering my editor recently said how much she enjoyed working with me and asked me if I had any new projects in the works.

The book is iDo: Planning Your Wedding with Nothing But 'Net. Yes, it's a wedding planning book. I kind of fell into the topic a few years back. So far, there hasn't been a great deal of publicity. I was invited to contribute to iVillage and what I wrote can be found here. Our own Quizro interviewed me for his fantastic podcast, Writing For Pay. If you know someone in the U.S. or Canada who's engaged, I'd be so pleased and grateful if you'd recommend my book as an all-inclusive planning resource.

In conclusion, this is me saying that I'm still around, and I still read e2 when I have a few minutes free. I won't be noding, however, because like I said on my homenode way back in the day, "Chiisuta is writing a book."

Cheers!