Why does Porky Pig wear clothes?

Think about it. The other Warner Brothers funny animals run around naked.

True, Bugs Bunny has those white gloves, but he otherwise eschews clothing (save for the purposes of disguise). He lives in a rabbit hole. He has to outwit hunters. Daffy Duck is another practicing nudist, who lives like a wild animal and fears duck season. Foghorn Leghorn inhabits a farm, the chattel of some unseen rural folk.

But Porky's lifestyle is that of a human being. He lives in a house, drives a car, and wears clothing (though rarely pants). The other, largely forgotten Warner Bros. pigs, Petunia Pig and Cicero, like imports from George Orwell's Animal Farm, do likewise. What's up with that?

Porky Pig predates his better-known fellows, having made his debut in 1935, and was a blatant attempt to imitate the Disney style. His role models are Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, and he lives more like a cartoon human than a cartoon animal. The studio began to develop its own style with the introduction of Daffy Duck, who suggested a new direction for their characters. Porky remains from an earlier era, and continues to lead a more anthropomorphic life than his animal co-stars.