I'd like to talk about Paraclete's concern about the letters to the editor. I'll take the hit for that one. Short answer: it was a breakdown of communication.

Long answer: The e2 gmail account is a massive spam-trap, and finding the real stuff was sometimes difficult. Also, there was very little. I haven't seen anything useful in months - what there was was essentially the collection enclosed in the first letters to the editor writeup and Paraclete's writeup.

To help with that, and as the sort-of unspoken secretary of that email address (mostly because I set it up, though it was Borgo's project. I just kept the dust bunnies away), I did three things: I flagged spam, I fielded standard editorial questions that I felt didn't need a letters to the editor-type response, and I flagged interesting questions for somebody else to take care of.

The problem was, I kinda assumed that someone would notice the writeups flagged as 'letters' and, you know, do something to them, be it answer it themselves or pass it up the chain of command. This was all unspoken, by the way. We didn't organize this so much as it fell into place. And after interest in the project slaked off, I failed to notice that Paraclete's writeup was still there and not responded to. I'll cop to that one. Hopefully you'll get an honest-to-god thought on the rest of paraclete's daylog shortly.

It was a trial run, and it failed in some ways. I'll try to do something about that.

Having said all of this, this information bears repeating: The e2 email address is e2editors at da gmail (dot) com. Which the exception of paraclete's letter, which I'm sorry about missing, we've seen nothing in quite awhile, probably because the notice has disappeared off of NFN. Talk to us; we'll try to make things clearer for you.