Always Dreaming


"Someday, I want to-"

"Not today, you've had a busy day, and we need to tuck you into your crib!"

"Someday, I want to-"

"Much too early for that! You haven't learned your alphabet yet."

"Someday, I want to-"

"Much too early for that! You haven't finished your algebra homework yet."

"Someday, I want to-"

"Hold on, let's focus on getting your finals done. Graduation is more important right now."

"Someday, I want to-"

"It'd be nice, but we certainly can't afford college. Maybe someone local is hiring."

"Someday, I want to-"

"Okay, that's nice, but I just need you to learn how to run the register, okay?"

"Someday, I want to-"

"No time for that, we've got a truck at the dock. Let's get everything unloaded."

"Someday, I want to-"

"Profits are down. We're going to have to cut your hours."

"Someday, I want to-"

"I hope you want to pay your rent. Because you'd better pay your rent. I won't wait much longer."

"Someday, I want to-"

"Alright, I don't mind ambition, but you need to learn to run the fryer before the lunch rush."

"Someday, I want to-"

"Lunch rush! I genuinely don't care!"

"Someday, I want to-"

"Look, I know you're not retirement age yet, but you're too old for us to employ any longer. You miss too much work as it is."

"Someday, I want to-"

"Yeah, like you're gonna be able to do any of that from this hellhole. You can't even walk around the block anymore."

"Someday, I want to-"

"Someday, I want to-"

"Someday, I want to-"

"Landlord called it in. Unattended death, but probably natural causes. Age, weight, one or the other. Bag 'em up. Indigent burial, I expect."

"Maybe someone'll pay for a funeral?"

"Look at you, always dreaming."