Monday was an interesting day for me. Work was all set up to be a real shit fight - my former employer, a real nutcase of a guy, so totally paranoid that he almost physically refused to let me leave the office on more than one occasion because he tought I would be stealing his intellectual property even though EVERYONE knows he stole it in the first place - this employer was going to come up and confront me about a request I made from my new job. I now work for the company that previously employed his company to manage the routing and switching equipment at the Australian Technology Park. He lost me when he treated me like shizt.

Anyway, this guy is all due to come up and confront me, but then he gets the sales manager, nice guy, shame about the total lack of a clue about computers, to ring up and deal with it "remotely". So I get this phonecall, and he proceeds to let every dirty little secret about the company slip. Not that I didn't know them having worked there. So after this guy has let a few details slip, he lies to my face. I knew it. He knew it. But he said it anyway. He basically said that they couldn't help me out because they had DESTROYED the stuff I was asking for - which is kind of a problem because this is OUR intellectual property, not theirs. So we could in essence sue their asses off for destruction of our I.P. Got my boss (the general manager) all worked up and calling the lawyers...

The remainder of the day was fun though. Read a lot, then after work, went out with some mates to an internet cafe to play CounterStrike for a bit and then to a pizza joint in Glebe (Sydney, NSW, Australia) for some good food, then to a pub to get hammered. While there, saw a video of one of the funniest British comedians - Ali G. Laughed for a good 3 hours. Then spent a bit of time and money playing the pokies, won some, moved to another bar, drank more, played more pokies, won some more $$$, moved to another bar, drank yet more amber liquid, played more pokies, won even more $$$.

Got home at 2:30am in the morning. Work at 8am. Hmmm. Anyway, ended up spending $40 the whole night but bought 16 rounds of drinks for my two remaining mates, lots of games of pool, and a good night out. On the cheap as well!