I had a weird and long dream. In fact, the length was probably the weirdest part. The dream felt like it covered a couple entire DAYS. I have trouble remembering details, of course.

A female friend of mine lived here in Calgary. (She actually does not). For some reason, she had joined me and my family in going out for dinner during some celebration. My dad tended to be thinking we were like, you know, together. (This was not the truth. My friend is actually a lesbian. But to be honest, I'm really attracted to her at times.) And both of us (in the dream) understood his confusion because we /almost/ acted like it, but also with this strange barrier in our behaviour. It's almost like whenever we were talking it felt like we were constantly flirting with each other, except it was just our normal natural behaviour (even vaugely in real life). I dunno how to explain that. It was strange.

Anyways, we were going to be heading home from this celebration and we were walking home from downtown Calgary. No, this isn't really normal. But then again, for some weird reason my friend was carrying me on a mattress. Well, not really.. it's hard to explain. It was dark and I never figured out what was going on. But I was sitting or laying on something that was vaugely unstable, and I could look over the edge and stuff. We were walking towards the 'Riley bridge' (Riley Park is a park here in Calgary, but there is no such bridge), and we walked past a car salesman and there were fires all over his lot.. since I was on a matress I was looking back and pointing them out to him. (They were caused by all the fireworks from whatever celebration we were having). Right around then my dad suggested we should go sit under a tree and watch the fireworks and not hurry home so much. My friend claimed she was tired and wanted to get home, so we kept going. Then we got to the bridge. The bridge was like a massive set of little platforms with wooden bridges between them, going upwards a few hundred feet and crossing some sort of deep cliff or something.. I dunno. It looked like a grueling walk, anyways. Oh, there were lots of people behind us too. I took the lead and started walking up the stair-bridge-thing, carrying my friend who had fallen asleep (somehow, fallen asleep walking while carrying me on a mattress? huh?) and my cat was curled up on top of her. So I carried both of them and we went slowly up the stairs, with lots of people behind us, but they didn't seem in a big rush. The stairs were kinda falling apart and really quite steep, so nobody minded going slowly. It was supposed to be like an hour later but it was only like an instant in my dream, when the cat started turning over and trying to be cute and get my friend's attention, which caused her to wake up. Eventually she woke up and pointed out something she had been telling me about this bridge earlier in the dream (an earlier part not mentioned here, because I don't remember it). There was a part of the bridge, she said, that looked like a christmas tree. Somehow she got everyone who was following us.. oh, by the way, they were the cast of The Simpsons at this point in the dream, for some reason.. she got them to pull apart a tree that was part of a bridge and put it up against another tree in some kinda of weird musical fashion, and thereby illustrating to me that it did look like a tree. And then I fell off part of the bridge, none of the simpsons would help me back up, and I fell into a dungeon from a computer game (it seemed kinda like Zelda: A Link To The Past). At this point I realized I should wake up because my dream has turned too weird. (Alright, really, I hated that dungeon. I remembered dying in it so many times that I decided to just wake up, and that it was not worthwhile trying to find my friend again.)