The (10+2)*5 Procrastination Hack from www.43folders.com

This is a fairly effective way to get stuff done. www.43folders.com states that it is for "procrastinators, the easily distracted, compulsive web-surfers, people with a long list of very short tasks (a/k/a “mosquitos”), people having trouble chipping away at very large tasks". SO, basically anyone with stuff to get done.

To implement the (10+2)*5 hack you will need: a timer (preferably one that is easy to reset), a few tasks that can be completed in 10 minutes, or a large task that can be broken down and worked on in 10 minute sections, and at least an hour of time to do this/these tasks (otherwise, why bother?)

GO!
Set your timer for 10 minutes. Work for that 10 minutes with a fierce single-mindedness. Don't cheat! Either complete your task, or work for 10 minutes solid, whichever comes first. Ding!
Okay, take your 2 minute break. Go, surf E2, eat a snack, something. You are not allowed to skip this break! Even if you are on a roll, you must take a break! This way, you will be excited to go back to your task at the end of two minutes.
Now, repeat 5 times for a total of an hour of work/break time! You've been so productive!

You can change the time increments if you like, adapt it to your needs. The key is tricking yourself into working with the ever eminent reward of a break.

I really have to go write that term paper now....

Okay, you've caught me. The hack is that eventually you will want to skip breaks, and you will end up working for an hour solid without even realizing it. Go visit ww.43folders.com for more useful stuff.