Last Month

User News

On the morning of July 6th, at amnesiac's request, his e2 account was locked. This is apparently an act of expiation for events of July 4th in which amnesiac apparently upset one or more users. Thus we fulfill the "Lord Brawl locked my account" story line. I did promise to report such actions in a timely manner, thus this notice.

Admin News

In other news, several content editors rotated out of the team. Jurph, wordnerd, yclept, Ouroboros, and Teiresias have each stepped down from the CE team, while witchiepoo, Lometa, avalyn, and ascorbic have moved to the e2gods usergroup. This pared the CE team down to 20 members. I was planning to consider recommendations for additions to the CE usergroup over the remainder of July, but stability issues (both everything2's and some of my own) precluded this. Look for some new CEs to be named during August.

'Outside' Room Topics

Early in July I was changing the room topic to "today in history" items that allowed me to hard link interesting, well-written e2 nodes on a related subject. Many folks said that they found this worthwhile. Since then the topic area has been in use for other things, but I hope to return to this practice soon. Perhaps one day we'll code up something to automate this, in the meantime daily topical suggestions are welcome.

PornQuest 2006

I was worried when PQ appeared unexpectedly in New Writeups. Having been deluged with concern over a previous "not an official Quest" quest (HQ), I added a response there that was initially too hectoring, though I subsequently toned it down. In any case, my concerns seem to have been unfounded. I apologize for casting any aspersions on the maturity of the noder community. The submissions have been quite sound and welcome additions to the database.

Letters to the Editors

I realize that when I put borgo's "Letters to the Editors" on the front page, that made it seem like I was running that initiative. Such was not my intent, it was meant as a cooperative admin activity. I do not check the gmail account myself. Others do, and one of this month's missives was passed on to me for review. It seemed to warrant not only my response, but also dann's and ultimately nate's involvement as well. For several reasons, the letter and my response to it have been posted as a document node. You can read them at Letters to the Editors: July 2006.

A shorter version of this Editor Log was originally posted as a day log on July 6, 2006.

Next Month